Dhomestay’s mission is to assist people to find the best homestay or accomodation for their needs, and also to assist host as homestay operator to advertise and promote their homestay. We value your privacy. You are given the power to decide what personal information you share with us. We also let you know how we may use the personal information that you share with us.
Collection and Use of Personal Data
You can generally use and browse the Website without providing any Personal Data and may remain anonymous.
However, to gain the full benefit and optimum experience of our Website, you may elect and decide to create an Account or to register your details with us, in which case you may be required to provide personal information such as (but not limited to) your name, telephone number, e-mail address or any other information which may identify you (“Personal Data”).
Such Personal Data may be used to:
- Enable you to access and use the Website and Dhomestay services;
- Send you emails, SMS or other form of communication which is related to your use of the Website, such as to verify your identity, personal information or for other purposes related to the Dhomestay service; and
- Add you to our mailing list, to send you marketing and promotional materials which we think you may be interested in from time to time. You can at any time decide to unsubscribe from our mailing list and to stop receiving marketing and promotional materials via the links in such communication or by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Other Information Collected
When you visit our Website, we may also automatically record information that your browser sends whenever you visit a website. This data does not identify you as an individual and may include:
- Your computer's IP address;
- Browser type;
- The pages you visit on our Website; and
- The time spent on those pages, items and information searched for on our site, access times and dates, and other statistics.
This information is collected for analysis and evaluation in order to help us improve the Website and Dhomestay Services. This data is collected anonymously and will not be used in association with any Personal Data.
Links to Other Websites
We may provide links to other websites that we do not control, these include those of our Service Professionals. We do not assume responsibility for the privacy practices, products, services or any other content of any websites or pages that is not under our control. We do not bear any responsibility for any actions or policies of third-party websites. Moreover, we disclaim all responsibility for the subsequent use of an email address or any other personally identifiable information you have provided to an affiliate store or any other website we might link to that is not under our control. You are advised to check the privacy policies of those websites upon visiting them.
Disclosure of information
We do not sell, distribute or lease Personal Data or information that you provide or which Dhomestay otherwise comes by to third parties unless required by law, or with your permission. We may however disclose or transfer Personal Data or information for the purposes of rendering our services to you and this may include disclosure to any professional, third party service providers to us, who are formally engaged by us to help us make available and provide the Website and the Dhomestay Service.
Protection of Information
Dhomestay is committed to take all reasonable and practical steps to ensure that any personal information or data that we collect or come into possession of is protected against loss, misuse, abuse, modification or any unauthorized or accidental use, access, disclosure, modification, alteration or destruction. We ensure that all Personal Data collected will be safely and securely stored. We protect your personal information by:
- Restricting access to Personal Data;
- Maintaining and implementing measures to prevent unauthorized computer access; and
- Securely destroying and / or deleting your personal information when it's no longer needed.